SILVER-As Trade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ntm0272

Just a hypothetical question, I have already seen the GP level of knowledge on this subject. 1. In my left hand is a 1 oz Silver Eagle Coin, in my right hand is a brand new $50 dollar bill? Scenario 2. You are selling your 40 year old boat, someone offers you cash + 100oz Bar (certified) Silver. How much would the bar contribute to the sale? Which do you choose in Scenario 1.? I saw a video recently with these types of scenarios posed to youths, but involved a candy.! SCARY!

Don't know if the coin has any additional value do to rarity, but with silver currently around $27 dollars an ounce, I'll take the $50 bill.

In scenario 2, theoretically the silver is worth $2,700. However there is a cost to convert it, so I wouldn't reduce the price by that much.

Ted

I'd take the $50, If i wanted a coin I could go buy one and have a coin and $20.

I'd tell the buyer to cash in his silver and bring me cash. I wouldn't be interested in holding on to the silver as an investment nor would I want to take in myself.

What they said.

To add to it, Bitcoin and other crypto's seem to be the new precious metals. Silver has always taken a backseat to gold as protection, and now gold seems to be taking a backseat to cryptos. If taking payment in something other than greenbacks, at least go with the alternative that is hot.

Some folks have used the FACE value when using silver coins to purchase an item that comes with a sales tax.

Bags of "Junk" silver are available easily.

Back
Top Bottom