racor 500 series lid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paulga

Guru
Vessel Name
DD
Vessel Make
Marine Trader Sundeck 40'
I'm considering to upgrade the gen racor, an obsolete 500FG model

the options are 500FG10 vs 500MA10

is the lid RK 15078 different for FG and MA models? the concern is if the lid is the same, I could reuse the existing vac gauge on the MA model

500FG models uses a new clear bowl RK15405 after 2002. it has 5/8-11 drain port and I haven't found a compatible bowl plug fitting for installing a petcock

Screenshot 2024-03-22 140239.jpg

Screenshot 2024-03-22 140003.jpg

Cant answer your question. Why do you want/need to replace it?

I saw a wet stain on the fuel pad below the drain. I'm going to route the output to a manifold next month, so plan to upgrade it by the way

Cant answer your question. Why do you want/need to replace it?

I get my Racor parts from racorstore.com. They may be able to help you.

I use the Hope Group in Meriden, CT. They are Parker Hannifin distributors. They stock all Racor items. They have also custom made all of my USCG approved Fuel delivery hoses.

https://www.thehopegroup.com/

Even though you can’t buy directly from Racor (you have to buy from one of their distributors), I called Racor a couple years ago, a real live receptionist actually answered the phone, switched me to customer service where one of their guys answered after 2-3 rings. Quickly gave me the information I was looking for.
Customer service at its best, the way it used to be.

Go to the local diesel mechanic. The repower shop at my marina has used racors laying around. Im sure you could find what you need like that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom