Plate Name

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ramon

Good morning, i’m a new grand banks owner i’m looking for the identification plate (serial number model etc) in my Grand Banks 36-516 1977.

Some body can help with this issue, did you know specific or current place where is this plate located??

Tks a lot
Ramon

Do you mean the one over the lower helm windows?

2792380_5cd0d855_140.jpg

If you're looking for the hull identification number (HIN) it could be located on the starboard side under the swim platform. You will need to lie on your stomach and peer under the platform. That's where it was located on my 36, 1984 GB.

The brass tags tend to get stolen at boatyards.

pete

Hin gb 36

On my 1988 Grand Banks Classic the HIN Identification Number is just above the Teak transom/below cap rail on the stbd side....your number should end in 77 (year built)

Best
Mike Dana
Third Reef
36' Grand Trawler Classic #819
Potts Harbor Maine (South Harpswell)

If it's the brass plaque you're looking for, who knows. Could have been stolen, removed to refinish the wood and not put back, PO thought it looked better on the wall in the dirt house, etc. Or maybe there never was one. That's one of the joys of old boats, you never know what the POs have done. Look over the windows where Hyperion said. There might be two tiny holes where the screws were.

Back
Top Bottom