Oceana, Sea Horse, Clipper, Senator 30/31 Etc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Your boat is similar, whats with the SS poop box under the counter in the head?
Tks!

i have just bought an abandoned North Sea 30’ which has the same cabin out lay as a Senator 31 trawler. she has a lehman 120. we have zero documentation on the boat that we can find. She is a Lien Hwa hull. right now we are trying to identify all the trough hull fittings and close all the seacocks.

we have found the main raw water seacock on stbd side of engine room and 2 small valves on port aft engine room. Any help at all would be great. i am having a hard time finding any info, she clearly says North Sea 30 on superstructure and I found a youtube video from her 2013 sale, but nothing in engine room and through hulls.

No documentation?? Get a ream of paper, learn how to print double side.
Now, search for documentation on the individual systems…… print it all out and make it into bound books….. the problem should be solved

This will take time to find and modify for your boat.

Based on my similar boat, there is a main engine intake midships stbd. There is also an intake stbd just aft of the ER bulkhead for a washdown in the cockpit. From this, a hose also goes fwd up high to parts as yet unknown. There is a garboard drain appx 4' fwd of the engine intake along side the keel. ( which nobody took out. & why i have named her Phelps). Gawd knows where all the seacocks in the head go.
Pls someone tell me!

BUMP- doesn't anybody know what this SS box is?

Your boat is similar, whats with the SS poop box under the counter in the head?
Tks!
Peggie (Head mistress) is helping me on this. But I have had no response from you guys who have similar boats. This SS box has 4 connections: head, overboard discharge, waste port on the deck above and (I must assume) to the LARGE tank in the lazarette. Jabsco manual head. Does anyone know for sure? I want to simplify the system and eliminate the overboard. It's very difficult to figure out because the head/shower is one piece FG and access is minimal. poop1.jpg

poop2.jpg

poop3.jpg

Peggie (Head mistress) is helping me on this. But I have had no response from you guys who have similar boats. This SS box has 4 connections: head, overboard discharge, waste port on the deck above and (I must assume) to the LARGE tank in the lazarette. Jabsco manual head. Does anyone know for sure? I want to simplify the system and eliminate the overboard. It's very difficult to figure out because the head/shower is one piece FG and access is minimal.

Sorry, I just noticed this. I actually had the same configuration but have since redone the original tank with a poly tank. See the video for some details.
https://youtu.be/8rrfssgLZ78

thanks for the help on this!! we discovered after much disassembly that one of our leaks was the shaft cooling line back flowing into the engine room. The main water ingress was coming from a poorly installed exhaust set up that we fixed.

I have Lien Hwa 30, and would be grateful for anything that helps me with the 12vdc electric. Schematics, wire coding , diagrams etc

Ok. Time to revive this thread.
Does anyone have any wiring diagram, partial list of numbers, position on terminal strip, crystal ball etc. ?
My distribution panel is rusty/corroded etc but has numbers on the wires. I'm figuring it out one at a time, but if we each contribute maybe we could come up with a partial list. At least a starting point.
Need I say PLEASE?

So my panel from the factory had no labels whatsoever. Mine is a 1987 (engine was stamped new in '87, hull said '83 but I learned that they made the hulls in advance and turned them into trawlers, coupes, sport fishing boats as required) I bought mine from the original owner in '85, so I've had her a long time. She is a great sea boat on the North Atlantic. Much better than a lot of larger, more famous trawlers.

Everything was a green or black wire. Neatly run; but useless. I feel your pain, but the best thing to do is start replacing the wiring that is important. Charging system and battery isolation. A lot of wiring technology has changed after all these years after leaving the factory. Unfortunately, there were no standards back then.

Does your AC supply connect to an Amp meter before connecting to the panel? Mine was wired like that. Dangerous.

Good luck. We aren't ignoring you... just timing was bad. Apologies from all.

My lien Hwa sunk on land. Term strips gobs of rust even tho not submerged
I've tracked several wires & will post the # tags on them.

OOOH! that stainless pole is a "fireman's pole". After all the problems I had & expect, quick access to the ER would be great!

Question for owners of these boats -
Is there any way to remove the ( horizontal) sliding door to the berth area ? Without destruction preferred.............

Back
Top Bottom