The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Monty2515

Hello,
I wanted to introduce myself. I am Monty and I live in the UK with my wife and three kids. We are hoping to buy a marine trawler as a live aboard. As there are 5 of us (6 with the dog)! we need something pretty big. I have joined the forum in the hope that someone out there might have just what we are looking for. It would need to be over 50ft and have 4 cabins. We don't mind a project boat. Thanks for taking the time to read this and we look forward to speaking with you.

Welcome to TF. Big plan there. Good luck with it. Do you have any other relevant boating experience - big boat related preferably. Otherwise you are on a very steep learning curve. However, that's the fun part, so don't despair. :flowers:

Welcome to the forum.
Why over 50 feet? That doesn’t mean the boat is big. That just means it’s over 50 feet. It could be 45 feet and have a lot more room on it than a 50 foot. Why does each child need their own cabin?You will find a much greater range of options if some of the children can bunk up and share a cabin.

thanks for your comment, but....

Welcome to the forum.
Why over 50 feet? That doesn’t mean the boat is big. That just means it’s over 50 feet. It could be 45 feet and have a lot more room on it than a 50 foot. Why does each child need their own cabin?You will find a much greater range of options if some of the children can bunk up and share a cabin.

Hi, Our problem is, we do need a big boat. 50ft is the minimum. We do need 4 cabins as it will be our permanent liveaboard. My son is 18 and two daughters are 12 and 14 and will do something terrible if they don't get their owns rooms soon. Do you have daughters :ermm:

Glad to be aboard

Welcome to TF. Big plan there. Good luck with it. Do you have any other relevant boating experience - big boat related preferably. Otherwise you are on a very steep learning curve. However, that's the fun part, so don't despair. :flowers:

Hi, thanks for the welcome. Making big plans has always been kind of our thing, some go well, and some not so well! I have lots of experience, I used to be a commercial fisherman, I have my RYA radio and comms cert and RYA power boat handling cert. I plan to complete a skippers course, so I am covered if we leave UK waters.

There a several 4 cabin boats in the 50-60' range. It shouldn't be a problem finding one.

Hi, thanks for the welcome. Making big plans has always been kind of our thing, some go well, and some not so well! I have lots of experience, I used to be a commercial fisherman, I have my RYA radio and comms cert and RYA power boat handling cert. I plan to complete a skippers course, so I am covered if we leave UK waters.
In that case, you'll be fine, so enjoy the journey. :thumb:

The "biggest" boats in the 50-60' range that have 4 cabins are the Hatteras LRCs and Cheoy Lee LRCs. These are at the "lower" end of budget prices as they usually need work at this point. Many of each have been refurbished over the years and many need it yet once again, but they are good boats with huge liveaboard space.

Just what we are looking for

The "biggest" boats in the 50-60' range that have 4 cabins are the Hatteras LRCs and Cheoy Lee LRCs. These are at the "lower" end of budget prices as they usually need work at this point. Many of each have been refurbished over the years and many need it yet once again, but they are good boats with huge liveaboard space.

Hello, thank your for your reply. They are the boats we are looking for, but finding one is proving difficult. Plus we need to get it to the UK.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom