Jim Bouy horseshoe bouy replacement?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Escape
Vessel Make
Mariner 37
Our horseshoe bouy may have once been yellow, but the zip off cover was painted white and the paint has been flaking off for enough seasons that it now looks terrible. I see you can buy a replacement for less than the cost of a new bouy and I may end up making my own out of Sunbrella fabric. Is the inner closed cell foam flotation supposed to be hard and almost inflexible? Mine is and I am trying to figure out if I can replace just the ugly cover, or does the whole thing need replaced?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 19
I have a like new Lifesling that I can sell you for $80 plus shipping.

Attachments

• IMG_1088.jpeg
    IMG_1088.jpeg
    126.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1087.jpeg
    IMG_1087.jpeg
    138 KB · Views: 16
Our horseshoe bouy may have once been yellow, but the zip off cover was painted white and the paint has been flaking off for enough seasons that it now looks terrible. I see you can buy a replacement for less than the cost of a new bouy and I may end up making my own out of Sunbrella fabric. Is the inner closed cell foam flotation supposed to be hard and almost inflexible? Mine is and I am trying to figure out if I can replace just the ugly cover, or does the whole thing need replaced?
Every one I’ve had seemed hard as a rock.

Hello Comodave,
I am interested in your Lifesling 2. Would need it shipped to Wisconsin 54220 please advise as to shipping costs and I will send you a check.

Thanks,
Lynn

For decades when commissioning new boats for our clients, we have discarded the standard white vinyl covers & replaced the covers made of top quality vinyl with piping the same color of the bootop or topsides for contrast.

1718053691652.png

Very nice. Where do you get the new covers, John?
We generally have S & S Fabric Products in Portsmouth, RI make the covers though a good marine upholstery shop should be able to make a really nice cover that is superior to the standard cover.

Back
Top Bottom