I Need Help Magnum Energy MS1512E MS-E Series

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pieyed47

I have a Magnum Energy MS1512E MS-E Series 1500W 12VDC 230VAC Pure Sine Inverter Charger and it keeps giving me a fault code that reads HIGH VOLTAGE AC. Can anyone give me some help with this issue? :banghead:
Thanks.

I have a Magnum Energy MS1512E MS-E Series 1500W 12VDC 230VAC Pure Sine Inverter Charger and it keeps giving me a fault code that reads HIGH VOLTAGE AC. Can anyone give me some help with this issue? :banghead:
Thanks.

Always a problem or just start acting up? How old is inverter?

I agree with tiltrider. Magnum customer support is very responsive. A tech there stayed with me while I ran through the diagnostics for our system and then he recommended a reputable dealer for a new unit.

47, Questions:

What work and or relocation was done on electrical side a few weeks ago, if anything, that would cause disruption. New cord, new dock wiring, work on vessel electrical panel etc.

Are both the inverter and charger still working OK but showing high voltage and on what read out?

For sure, follow CTF's advice and check incoming 220V power.

Does the error occur when off shore power and just invertering? Or does it happen when on shore power or generator and while charging?

After I installed a whole boat shore power surge protector, my problem went away. It seems to do the trick. I will follow up if things change. Thanks for the comebacks.

After I installed a whole boat shore power surge protector, my problem went away. It seems to do the trick. I will follow up if things change. Thanks for the comebacks.

Hmmmm, make sure the surge protector is not heating up.

Back
Top Bottom