Holding tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rhodewaves

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Rhode waves
Vessel Make
Mainship pilot 34
Mainship 34 pilot, I can’t pump out my holding tank, just replaced the vent line thinking that might be the problem and it didn’t solve my problem. Today when I tried to pump it out I’m just getting air. I ran a hose into the waste hose and can see water going into the holding tank. So my only thought is that my pick up tube is not conected . Any ideas would be great

Rhodewaves

If pump out hose is top entry that could be the case. (My MS 34HT is bottom discharge but not familiar w/ 34Ps)

Din you ensure both tank and thru hull fittings for vent are clear? (shop vac blowing into tank)
Can you try water hose in discharge to see where water is entering? or if there is a leak someplace that is letting air in.
If not may need to pull discharge hose hose to explore it more.

Greetings,
Mr. R. Had a similar problem last season. Discovered my tank would only pump out to 1/2 level. Copper pick up tube (OEM) was rotted part way up. Replaced tube with plastic and all good. Not REALLY a bad job. Good access and no "fresh"...ahem...deposits.

200w.webp

Have you tried multiple pump out systems or just one? My local free pump out facility was large with a pump out hose at every slip, but it was weak at the fuel dock where passersby and those fueling would pump out. Successful pump outs were hit or miss, depending on the demand on the rest of the system or its health. However, my own marina's paid system always pumped us out without a problem. Make sure the root cause of the problem is in your boat before spending more to fix it.

Greg.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom