Engine Alarm not working.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PuppyR

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Morning Starr
Vessel Make
Marine Trader DC
OK. Help needed. Ford Lehman 120: My engine alarm stopped working so I ordered and replaced the high temperature alarm sensor and low oil pressure alarm sensor from American Diesel. Replaced both and alarm sounded. After a short trip, 3 or 4 hours, stopped engine and no alarm. If I ground out either sensor the alarm sounds. If I ground out the main wire running from the sensor to the alarm the alarm sounds.. Replaced new sensor with old one and still no alarm. Ideas please? :banghead:

Hard to know but since you have a new sender and you have tested it, the problem is likely in the wire from the sender to your alarm. Run a new wire. If that is difficult run a temporary wire as a test of the existing wire.
OK. Help needed. Ford Lehman 120: My engine alarm stopped working so I ordered and replaced the high temperature alarm sensor and low oil pressure alarm sensor from American Diesel. Replaced both and alarm sounded. After a short trip, 3 or 4 hours, stopped engine and no alarm. If I ground out either sensor the alarm sounds. If I ground out the main wire running from the sensor to the alarm the alarm sounds.. Replaced new sensor with old one and still no alarm. Ideas please? :banghead:

Back
Top Bottom