Clearing error code on Koehler 8kw generator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Derek

Vessel Name
Donna Mae
Vessel Make
2005 Mainship 430
The genset shows a LB (Low Battery) code. Installed new battery and started right up and I shut down after 10 seconds. Voltage on new battery shows 13.4v. Looking for how to clear the error code. Thanks!

If you don't have a manual I believe you can download one from the TF Library

What model Kohler genset do you have? If you don't know, can you take and post a picture of either the model tag or of the controller box on it?

For most generators, it is sufficient to turn them off for 30 seconds or more via either their off switch or the battery switch. Since you replaced the battery, I'm guessing yours isn't one of those.

For others, they are cleared via the controller. It is usually via a sequence such as using the general-purpose key on the control to acknowledging the existence of fault messages, then walking through the list of fault messages (in this case one of them) on at a time, clicking the same button to acknowledge the fault message, and then using a cursor key to choose YES or NO to Confirm/Clear, and then the general-purpose key to confirm that action and go on to the next one in the fault list or return to a top-level overview/status screen.

It is a Koehler 8EOZ. Ran a test yesterday and it ran flawless. I was hoping running it for 15 minutes might have cleared it but no such luck. I’m now leaning towards a bad sensor and will look for a detailed schematic to trace. BTW, I called Koehler and in the past they were always very helpful but I was told they no longer answer questions and will refer you to a local dealer.

Could it possibly be a bad controller? I had to replace mine on the same genset, same year as yours, though I was getting a different error code than that.

Hopefully, that is not it, as it is an expensive part. It is an easy change out though.

Thx. Will add that to the possible root cause list.

Are the contacts clean on both ends of the wires?

It could be the controller...Inhave a 6EOD and had to replace mine. I was told a bunch were going bad.

If that has the ADC 2100 controller the reset procedure is likely what you've already tried. See attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221027-101938_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20221027-101938_Drive.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 13

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom