Cape Canaveral area recommendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jefndeb

Guru
Vessel Name
Indigo Star
Vessel Make
2006 Mainship 400
Hello,
Last winter we kept our 40' Trawler in Daytona area but was thinking about going a little further south this winter.

I understand that there is a high demand for slip space in the mid Florida area so I was just going to ask here for suggestions..

Time frame would probably be November until April ish.

Thanks
Jeff

Last edited:
Think slips are available on short term transient basis, but 5 or 6 months will be hard to find. If Daytona area still available, suggest secure the slip and cruise down farther south a week or two at a time. Yes, you will be paying for the Daytona slip will cruising, but other options may not be available.

Ditto

Look at this place....

https://harbortownmarina.com/

Pretty cool when I stayed there buy it isn't real near places to walk to...bike/ebike not too bad.

Harbortown is our home marina, year round. As pointed out, you'll need a car to go anywhere/do anything. Available slips are limited.

Cocoa Villiage is nice too...

https://www.cocoavillagemarina.com/

Much more withing walking distance.

We'll often make the short trip down to Cocoa Village for a night on the town with out having to worry about Ubering home. We've stayed at Cocoa Village Marina, which is a very nice facility, and also (though not what you would do) the free dock at Lee Wenner Park. As noted, plenty to do within easy walking distance.

Contact the City of Titusville marina. There is no availability but they have a nice mooring field. If I recall, it was about $225 monthly with taxes and that included access/use of the dinghy dock. From there you can walk to downtown Titusville.

Marina

Check Telemar in Indian Harbor. They are basic but have slips. We arrive next week thru at least March.

Back
Top Bottom