Backlit breaker labels?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wkearney99

Guru
Vessel Name
Solstice
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 47 Eastbay FB
I've got a couple of breakers I'd like to re-label. I don't want the one for the Wi-Fi reading 'Sat TV'. There's one for the AIS that's not showing the backlight either, someone else previously must've used a tape printer like mine.

I've got a Brother p-touch tape label maker, but it seems most of their tapes are opaque. Are the tape printers out there that'd make these? As in, black background with white lettering that allows backlighting to shine through? Or are these generally only available from a stock series of labels?

I don't have any close-up pix of the breakers. This is a close as I've got on-hand at the moment. If I had to guess I'd say they're BEP Marine panels?

BEP has sheets of labels, but I wouldn't mind custom ones if they weren't stupidly expensive.

Attachments

• helm console above-001.jpg
    helm console above-001.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 238
  • helm console above.jpg
    helm console above.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 239
I've got a couple of breakers I'd like to re-label. I don't want the one for the Wi-Fi reading 'Sat TV'. There's one for the AIS that's not showing the backlight either, someone else previously must've used a tape printer like mine.

I've got a Brother p-touch tape label maker, but it seems most of their tapes are opaque. Are the tape printers out there that'd make these? As in, black background with white lettering that allows backlighting to shine through? Or are these generally only available from a stock series of labels?

I don't have any close-up pix of the breakers. This is a close as I've got on-hand at the moment. If I had to guess I'd say they're BEP Marine panels?

BEP has sheets of labels, but I wouldn't mind custom ones if they weren't stupidly expensive.
I used Paneltronics. Perfect match to the current ones.
https://www.paneltronics.com/Electrical_Components.asp?op=Labels

Good luck,

Don’t know if the Blue Sea labels would fit or not but they are $5 for a custom label and $1 for stock ones.

If a slight hi-jack is permitted: I have several of the indicator lights on my panel that don't light up when the breaker is "on". How difficult is it to replace these?

If a slight hi-jack is permitted: I have several of the indicator lights on my panel that don't light up when the breaker is "on". How difficult is it to replace these?
If you post a picture of your panel I am pretty sure someone will tell you where to find the light replacement and how to do it.

L

panel

Here is part of it, the DC panel uses red lights, AC uses green.

Attachments

• IMG_1313.jpg
    IMG_1313.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 59
Might be worth it's own discussion thread.

One simple check to start with might be to remove the corner screws that hold the panel in place and tilt it out to get a look-see at the parts behind it. That might give you a better idea of what brand breakers are involved. There's typically enough slack in the wires to allow this.

I'm guessing it's a custom panel made for that model. From the searching I've done lately I'd guess Blue Sea made it.

Thanks, I'll pull the panel and see what creatures lurk behind it.

Have your camera handy, take lots of pix. With luck you'll see clear labeling or part numbers on things. If not someone else might recognize the pieces from the pix.

Nice. What breakers do those fit? Just their own? I've not tried getting at the labels in mine, so I don't know the dimensions and shape.

But even with some trimming it'd be worth it, as they seem to offer quite a wide range of label names.

May be less about the breaker types than the panel manufacturer that the labels fit.

The dimensions given by Paneltronics may be helpful.

I got down to the boat today and investigated the breakers further. My guess was correct they are made by BEP. I compared the measurements on the paneltronics website against these and they're not quite long enough. That and the BEP label Style has a hole through it to see if the circuits active or not. Unlike the paneltronics setup that uses a separate LED in the faceplate. Either way is fine but the BEP integrates it with label.

I could, of course, do some trimming and cutting but I'm aiming for a cleaner look than that. I'll have to contact BEP and see what they have to say.

I got down to the boat today and investigated the breakers further. My guess was correct they are made by BEP. I compared the measurements on the paneltronics website against these and they're not quite long enough. That and the BEP label Style has a hole through it to see if the circuits active or not. Unlike the paneltronics setup that uses a separate LED in the faceplate. Either way is fine but the BEP integrates it with label.

I could, of course, do some trimming and cutting but I'm aiming for a cleaner look than that. I'll have to contact BEP and see what they have to say.
Did you find these? They have the hole for the indicator light integrated in the label. https://www.bassproducts.com/panel-labels/

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom