View Single Post
Old 11-28-2020, 06:31 AM   #16
ksipes1

City: BIG PINE KEY
Vessel Name: Farside
Vessel Model: Glen-L Hercules
The boat basically is finished. I bought it two years ago and have used it a lot. I just pulled it and put it on a trailer so I could repaint it. It used to be all black and the paint was cheap, old, and chalky. I also took the time to replace some soft wood and epoxy it while taking off the many layers of paint the boat had over the years. It is all repainted now with Awlgrip as you can see in the picture. I am am almost done replacing the windows the were leaking and it will be back in the water very soon.
It already has a Perkins 30 hp. diesel that was put in new back when it was built in 1993 that is low hours and runs great. The boat cruises at 7 knots and has 80 gallon diesel tanks and 40 gallons of water. It is a fully equipped boat. It has a 12 volt/110 volt refrigerator, alcohol/electric stove, hot/cold running water, air conditioning, electric head, hot/cold shower, new 7" Garmin color gps/fish finder, radar, auto pilot, and much more.
The back of the couch you mentioned folds up and out to an upper bunk along with the lower bunk.
I looked at the Chip Ahoy Nordic Tug you are considering buying in Naples and my Glen-L Hercules is very similar and possibly better equipped but around $63,000 less in cost.
Good luck with your journey down to the Keys!
ksipes1 is offline   Reply With Quote