Ft. Myers / Naples Area Seasonal Slip Needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Capt. Kirk

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
"At Last" and "Coquina Cat"
Vessel Make
48’ Offshore Yachtfish and 27' Glacier Bay
I’m looking for a Seasonal slip for a 47’ Selene I am about to close on. I’ll need a slip from about Sept 1 thru roughly May 1 2021. She has a 5’1” draft and easy access to open water is preferred.
Marinas, yacht clubs or behind a private residence are all of interest.
Safe, secure location with good seawall protection preferred.
Please let me know what suggestions you have.
Thanks, Capt. Kirk

I winter in Fort Myers November through March and will tell you it's getting to be slim pickings for this coming winter. One of the side effects of Covid is people buying bigger boats and staying in the USA. The yacht club I normally stay at is wait listed now and I may have to consider an alternative. Annual leases trump seasonal leases. So, some will not guarantee a slip till a month or 2 out, so they can try to fill the slip with an annual lease.

Make sure you know your absolute overall length. Some marinas have strict limits on size for a given slip. My 45' boat has an absolute overall length of 51' which is the maximum limit for the 48' slip I've had the last few years. And yes, they measured my boat on arrival.

If easy access to the Gulf is important, consider Fort Myers beach also. If you find nothing else, Burnt Store marina on North Cape Coral often has spaces, but more remote.

Ted

Thanks, Ted.
I found the same thing.
This and a series of other issues convinced me to put off the purchase.

Thanks, Ted.
I found the same thing.
This and a series of other issues convinced me to put off the purchase.

Sorry to hear that.

I'm in the process of buying a slip in Fort Myers at the yacht club. Really don't want to own one, but running out of options.

Ted

There is a slip available at Marinatown, talk to Vicky.

Sorry to hear that.

I'm in the process of buying a slip in Fort Myers at the yacht club. Really don't want to own one, but running out of options.

Ted

Does covid have all the slips in high demand in south Florida? What’s the story?

Does covid have all the slips in high demand in south Florida? What’s the story?

That is my understanding. Between local people buying boats because they're not traveling out of the country and snowbirds staying in Florida because many Caribbean locations are unsafe, there ia an accurate shortage of seasonal rental slips. The lady who handles the bookings at the Fort Pierce city marina said the same thing.

Ted

Gotcha. Thanks.

Our boat is still up in Jacksonville. Because of Covid and some other issues we have not been able to use it sadly.

Back
Top Bottom