What to buy......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oscar

Guru
Vessel Name
Lady Kay V
Vessel Make
1978 Hatteras 53MY
Been out of it (boating) for a little bit, but getting back in this summer. Trying to wade my way through the morass of navigational tool offerings, and as I suspected things have changed. (They change faster in the electronics biz than anywhere else.)

Seems like Garmin has continued it's growth path and has absorbed Navionics... but Raymarine is not dead yet..... There's a few others still around.

So the question is:

Since I have a clean slate I can start anywhere. I am looking for mobile navigating, iPhone/Pad, and I will be buying fixed plotter(s). I would like N2K compatibility across all of it including, if that exists, the handhelds. IOW I want to navigate and monitor systems on plotters/phone/pad..... I want to buy ONE flavor of charts and use them on all of it and I want to synch my data (routes etc) across all of it. I know it's good to want things.

I THINK Garmin/Navionics is the ticket but after reading most of their website I have a headache and it appears Navionics and Garmin plotters are NOT compatible....

So soliciting some experience here.....

(Oh, and yes.... I always bring paper or at least raster on a separate device)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom