What type of hull?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
HaHa even if you own one it dosn’t mean you can’t say something bad about them. I’ve been known to knock Willards. And of course Willard owners are highly qualified to criticize Willards. But re the dogs and races one (to a degree) would be knocking themselves. That’s why most here won’t knock the equipment they use.

HaHa even if you own one it dosn’t mean you can’t say something bad about them. I’ve been known to knock Willards. And of course Willard owners are highly qualified to criticize Willards. But re the dogs and races one (to a degree) would be knocking themselves. That’s why most here won’t knock the equipment they use.

I would and have spoken about things that are 'bad' about all the boats I have owned - mostly the Bayliners because I have owned them the longest and therefore have more experiences with them.
Many 1000,s of posts at the Baylinerownersclub would attest to that , even earlier today. I posted good points and problems while a I had the boats and really see no reason to change that now.
Of course when someone says that all the systems and issues with the boat both inside and out are 'bad' it is very hard to ascertain how much data they may have utilized to reach that conclusion.
Or if they are a boater at all for that matter....

Interesting to hear a blanket condemnation of Bayliners in 2018. I started listening to criticisms of various manufacturers before having a boat built for myself and my wife, in 1977. The Bayliner rant was around then, accompanied by examples to justify the rant itself. Eventually, Bayliner got the message and cleaned up questionable cost saving methods, if they ever were the problem, but the rants continued.
After so many years of pushing back against that rant, Meridian was formed. That change was needed, and the "new" company survived well for a few years, with only a few rants of "it is really just a Bayliner" following.
Now you can't get a new Meridian either, so anyone with a rant against Bayliner is talking only about fairly old boats. Those old boats have now been tested for long enough that any real problems that could be attributed to the manufacturer have been taken care of. Any existing problems can be attributed to maintenance, or lack thereof more than to the generic brand name.
Gross generalization, I know.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom