Any Hiptimco Owners Out There

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cacoethes

Vessel Name
Cacoethes
Vessel Make
Hiptimco 40
Hi All,
I bought a 1978 Hiptimco 40' last year. It is also referred to an Orcas 40. It is a Hong Kong knockoff of a Grand Banks. We are really happy with it but would love to connect with anyone else who has one. They appear to be quite rare. I saw one online that was sold in the Seattle area but it isn't the one I bought. I have found others out there but none in the US. Also, as far as I can see, I have the only single engine version of the boat. If I can find anyone else who has one we can have an owner's club....

One up here in Ketchikan area. Off the grid so I can't comment other than letting you know of it's existence.

Hello, Cacoethes,
I just bought a 1976 Hiptimco in Seward Alaska, have only had her for a month now, still trying to find more information on Hiptimco (s) my self.it did come with the factory blue prints. would love to help you with what I know.

Hiptimco Trawlers

If anyone needs information for Hiptimco Trawlers, please contact me. In de eighties of last century we were their agent for Western Europe. We sold aprox. 30 ships to The Netherlands, Germany, France, Belgium. Most of them with double Ford Lehman, a few with Perkins. One single screw Ford Lehman which was used by my father (who as a convinced mariner only wanted single screw ships). After finishing the business I owned two GB's a 32 in wood and a GRP 42 Motoryacht.
At the Hiptimco time we had very good contact with the yard in Hong Kong, visited them several times and de CEO visited us several times overhere.
We changed a lot in the ships during this period. Our partner Hakvoort Shipyards, who are now making super yachts, advised them as much as they could to improve the quality of the boats.
If you have any questions please contact me.
Rgds, Louis

Hiptimco

Hallo Louis1955,

Wij willen graag in contact komen met u. Wij hebben al ongeveer 23 jaar een Hiptimco met hetbouwnummer 772D

Met vriendelijke groet,
Frits

Hiptimco Australia

If anyone needs information for Hiptimco Trawlers, please contact me. In de eighties of last century we were their agent for Western Europe. We sold aprox. 30 ships to The Netherlands, Germany, France, Belgium. Most of them with double Ford Lehman, a few with Perkins. One single screw Ford Lehman which was used by my father (who as a convinced mariner only wanted single screw ships). After finishing the business I owned two GB's a 32 in wood and a GRP 42 Motoryacht.
At the Hiptimco time we had very good contact with the yard in Hong Kong, visited them several times and de CEO visited us several times overhere.
We changed a lot in the ships during this period. Our partner Hakvoort Shipyards, who are now making super yachts, advised them as much as they could to improve the quality of the boats.
If you have any questions please contact me.
Rgds, Louis

Hi Louise
I purchased a Hiptimco 40’ in Australia about 3 years ago. They’re built very solid but just wondering if there were any problems with osmosis in the hill?
Greg

Sorry so late to the party... Yeah, 1980 HipTimCo 40 owner here in Tacoma.

Welcome Aboard Hawkesbury Aussie! We berthed at Brooklyn for 8 years before moving to Bobbin Head. Gotta love the Hawkesbury, we`ve been on Dangar, as well as passing many times.

Btw, Hermano`s home port is Seattle, west coast USA.

Ok so you know the Hawkesbury well then.
I’ve been on the river for over 40 years and I still love it!
Are you berthed at the Marina in Boobin Head?
Also any photos or history of your boat?

Greg

Ok so you know the Hawkesbury well then.
I’ve been on the river for over 40 years and I still love it!
Are you berthed at the Marina in Bobbin Head?
Also any photos or history of your boat?

Greg
We were at "rustic" Dolphin Marina (now sold to "Luxury Houseboats") in Brooklyn, with great neighbours, before moving to Bobbin Head Marina. Not cheap but a very good marina.

No pics at hand but current boat since 2020 is an Integrity 386 which owes a lot to the Island Gypsy 36 preceding it. Twins unlike current Integrity boats.

We`ll keep a lookout for your boat. Are you berthed on Dangar or a mooring? Years ago during a cruise from Sydney my boat Club did a tour of Dangar with "Dangar Dave". Enjoyed the co-op run cafe too.

Yes the rustic Dolphin boatshed. An interesting place!
Maybe it will get a makeover with the new owners.
Dangar Dave is still here doing historical tours.
Yes I’m on a swing mooring off Dangar.

Back
Top Bottom