selene 40

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FrankieP

Hello, all Selene owners. I am in the process of purchasing a 2006 Selene 40. I noticed on the bow near the windlass is a louver vent that has broken. The photo is from the listing, sorry not a great photo. There are two on either side, the starboard side is broken. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 4.45.43 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 4.45.43 PM.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 71
Any local tin knocker can make that . If you are making the purchase , I’m sure there would be more concerning issues on a 14 year old boat.

Is it metal or fiberglass?

It's fiberglass

It’s likely something relatively inexpensive and can be located through the Selene owners group if not in a west marine catalogue.

It's fiberglass
So not a job for a "tin knocker"(above). Pic is unclear, but it`s part of a larger moulded panel so repair in place makes sense. If louvers are broken, you should be able to repair it with epoxy filler or even what USA calls "Bondo", esp. if you have access both sides. I once repaired scraped edges of the underbody front spoilers of an Alfa using it, reinforced by ice cream sticks:) where they could not be seen. Mine had to be touched up in black, you have a paint matching issue. Maybe do the best you can until something needs professional painting and do it properly then.

Congrats on your new boat. Personally I would remove all the bents and put some stainless steel bents in their place. Then they won’t get broken again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom