Steering Ram 1990 Camano Troll

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Islander2017

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Larrikin
Vessel Make
Camano 31
My steering ram seems to be leaking a small amount so I'm considering either replacement or overhaul. I haven't pulled it off yet but can't find any identifying marks on it. Does anyone have an early 1990's Camano that has a similar looking hydraulic ram to this and if so do you know the make and model?

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_6998.jpg
    IMG_6998.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 9
The label on the steering ram on my 2002 Camano (hull #172) says Seastar BA150-7ATM.

Dave

I have a Teleflex/Sytten for sale on MP looks similar has BA 150 something on the label

On my Endeavour 38CC, I had an old Octopus (Made in Canada) steering ram that started leaking. I contacted the manufacturer, and that model was no longer being made or rebuilt. A good friend told me that they are readily rebuilt, and I should check with a local company.
I did a quick search on the internet and found a company that rebuilt hydraulic cylinders about 5 miles from my home. I brought it to them, and they said they could do it. It cost $275 and in less than 2 weeks, my autopilot was working again with no leaks. Be prepared to pump it many times by hand to remove all of the air from the cylinder.

The label on the steering ram on my 2002 Camano (hull #172) says Seastar BA150-7ATM.

Dave

Thanks Dave, I had a look at that one online and it looks similar. I think I'll have to pull it off to be sure before I order an overhaul kit.
Cheers

On my Endeavour 38CC, I had an old Octopus (Made in Canada) steering ram that started leaking. I contacted the manufacturer, and that model was no longer being made or rebuilt. A good friend told me that they are readily rebuilt, and I should check with a local company.
I did a quick search on the internet and found a company that rebuilt hydraulic cylinders about 5 miles from my home. I brought it to them, and they said they could do it. It cost $275 and in less than 2 weeks, my autopilot was working again with no leaks. Be prepared to pump it many times by hand to remove all of the air from the cylinder.

Thanks, we have a good hydraulic shop here in town. I'll see if they can do it.
Cheers

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom