Helmsman 38 berth cushion storage while underway?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Escape
Vessel Make
Mariner 37
I am the proud new owner of a Helmsman 38/Mariner 37 and while it has more storage than I know what to do with (for now), I can't find the "right" place to store the large cushion used to convert the settee in the salon to a berth and the similar cushion used to extend the settee in the pilothouse into a berth. Where do you guys store these while underway?

On our Helmsman 38E we had our canvas guy make a canvas case to protect it from dirt and wear. We store it in the salon lazarette.

Good idea, but my lazarette is way too full to squeeze in those two cushions.

We store ours under the master stateroom bed. Ours is a 43, but believe there is the same space under the 38's mattress.

Our master stateroom bed is supported by an interlocking grid of boards that create a ton of storage, but none of it long or wide enough for either of those cushions.

What is a "salon lazarette?"

Congratulations ! We keep ours at home, in an oversized zip lock bag. In the few instances when we thought we might need it, then we bring it aboard and store in the aft head. To date we have used it once - when we had more than one guest.

That makes sense, and thank you, Centurion. It does seem like have guests would rarely be unplanned. And welcome aboard!

Great boat, congratulations! If if won't fit under the master, then you have to take it off the boat. Mine is two pieces so fits well under the master.

Interesting. Two pieces would definitely be more versatile. I suspect for us, off the boat is fine 99% of the time. Our daughter et al will just have to toughen up for that 1% of the time!

Cushions

We store them in the salon head.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom