Registration request

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquaDestiny

Vessel Name
Destiny
Vessel Make
Trojan 10.8M Sportfish
Has anyone else been asked for their registration number when transiting a drawbridge? I was asked last year while traveling southbound on ICW at a bridge in I believe Virginia. First and only time I've ever been asked for it. It has been bugging me since. Tender said it was a new requirement, but no one has asked for it since. Just curious.

Never. What did you do to make them want to track you? (Ha!) No bridges in our home water but my Dad lives in Stuart, FL with lots of bridges and we've boated under the Old Lyme railroad bridge in CT numerous times, never been asked. You're talking state registration? Maybe it's a new Virginia thing.

I have no idea. I was actually on my way home to Stuart!

Did you do anything to torque off the tender?

Not to my knowledge, but I've heard my people skills have deteriorated inversely with my age...

I think that's universal.

Attachments

• grumpy-muppets.jpg
    grumpy-muppets.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 21
I don't find it odd if your boat is not documented. I have had many bridge tenders ask for my home port after I request an opening. It would only be expected that they ask for your registration if you are not USCG documented.

I actually am documented and I informed him of this. He still wanted it so I gave him my "official number". Like I said "weird".

I've been asked for numbers or home port on the Erie canal.

I've been asked for numbers or home port on the Erie canal.
Yes common on NY canals... Reg or Doc # recorded by lock masters and used to track usage of NY canals. I dont know if they record times and use it to determine operating hours as it does vary lock to lock and open much later in busy areas.

Anytime in public, one is subject to scrutiny/observation.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom