Insurance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bryant

Guru
Vessel Name
Sakura Perdido
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 36 Classic
I just learned that my GEICO policy is ending because it was purchased through an insurance agent and that I must renew it directly with GEICO. If they decline to offer coverage due to the age of the boat, does anyone have a contact that brokers boat insurance?

Cant believe Geico did what they did to the insurance broker/agents by non-renewing all those policies then soliciting the insureds to contact them (Geico) directly. Oh well, one of the many reasons I made marine insurance my niche. With future plans of doing the loop I had no idea what it would take to get approved for boat ins....now I now. Next..diesel marine maint classes.

I just learned that my GEICO policy is ending because it was purchased through an insurance agent and that I must renew it directly with GEICO. If they decline to offer coverage due to the age of the boat, does anyone have a contact that brokers boat insurance?

What is the age of your boat?

Cant believe Geico did what they did to the insurance broker/agents by non-renewing all those policies then soliciting the insureds to contact them (Geico) directly. Oh well, one of the many reasons I made marine insurance my niche. With future plans of doing the loop I had no idea what it would take to get approved for boat ins....now I now. Next..diesel marine maint classes.

I went through all of that and they renewed my policy. While I was very unhappy with what they did, I will say that they are the cheapest ins available with the highest coverage and they paid a 50k claim after Hurricane Sally within 3 weeks.

The Wooden Boat School in Brooklin, Maine has an incredibly good Marine Diesel class. It’s a great experience. I highly recommend it.

Back
Top Bottom