VP D4-300 Power Loss

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beasterdamas

Vessel Name
Beasterdamas II
Vessel Make
2019 Beneteau Swift 44
I’ve a 2019 Beneteau Swift 44 trawler with duel VP DF4-300s. Engines have about 70hrs (216 total) since last filter change outs. Without an alarms/notifications, the port engine would not accelerate beyond about 2200rpm. Blogs et al suggested the turbo boost pressure sensor to be the likely culprit, however, I changed it out (that was lots of fun…not…due to tight space and no head-room in the engine compartment) and it did not remedy the problem. Will change out the fuel filters as the next step and see if that works but would appreciate any additional insights that other might have. Engine initially accelerated to about 2500rpm before falling off and after about 5 minutes would not accelerate beyond 1700rpm.

2019 delivered with 216 hours? Surely the engines are in warranty? If so, invoke warranty before your efforts affect it.

I had similar symptoms on a 2010 Volvo D6. A fuel filter change solved the problem. If nothing else, it's a simple thing to try.

Clogged fuel filters mean that there’s contamination in the tanks.
Changing the filters will probably get you going again, but not for long.

I try to follow the KISS method, Keep It Simple S**thead. Do the simple things like changing the fuel filters first. Fairly easy to do and probably could use changing anyway. And the S**head is referring to me, not anyone else.

Fuel filters very likely.
If engine can,t get fuel it can,t make power thus revs

Back
Top Bottom