Twin Disc control parts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wkearney99

Guru
Vessel Name
Solstice
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 47 Eastbay FB
I had an annoying hassle this past weekend. The station select button on the Twin Disc EC300 control on my flybridge seems to have gotten stuck. It was around 40F, so I'd attribute some of it to thermal conditions, but it's just as likely age as they're original to the 2005 boat, and that's an 'outdoor' location.

The problem was with the button stuck 'pressed' it was confusing the control system enough that it wouldn't let either of them become the active one. The sticks would engage RPMs but the transmissions wouldn't engage a gear. I disconnected the harness to the back of the flybridge control and it ran fine from the lower station.

The system is working fine save for this button. I haven't taken it out yet to see if it can be disassembled or not.

Anyone know of a source for Twin Disc control parts? Seems a waste to have to replace a whole control if I can get just the button.

Attachments

• 20211128_165105.jpg
    20211128_165105.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 12
I can't help with a new button but have you tried a spray lube like WD40. You could be right that a bit of moisture has entered. Maybe a lube would free it up. That happened 20 yres ago on my windlass deck switch and that is all it took, WD 40.

Look up Cole Hersey push button switches. They offer a rubber cover that MAYBE could be used to protect it in the future. If it fits and there is no mechanism for it to snap on to then use one of the TINY Tyrap wire ties..

Failing that then try to contact Twin Disc directly or google for a dealer in your area.

Likely just a simple momentary switch so I'd expect you can find a suitable waterproof replacement. If you remove it chances are there are markings on the switch body and also a manufacturer so you can find the exact part or cross one over.

Back
Top Bottom