Will the rise of AI replace us all??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
With both AI and the current biotech revolution my concern is on a societal level some changes are irreversible. I’m not sanguine about either party nor congressional oversight. I’m not sanguine that the public realizes what’s at stake. Still think us non 1%ers need to make our voices heard. Don’t want my kids living in the matrix. With significant effort I left Facebook, twitter and use an off label search engine. There’s no software from China on any of my devices. In order for AI to manipulate your thinking it needs to know you. To the extent I can avoid it I have resisted those intrusions.

There is no doubt evolutionary pressures of the last 100 years and especially the last 30 years look nothing like the evolutionary pressures that got us here in the first place. My limited knowledge on the subject...where as previously evolutionary pressures guided like a flowing river in a general direction over changing terrain, we now have a river being manipulated by heavy machinery operated by madmen and greed..lol. No doubt this will lead in many evolutionary directions simultaneously. Some of these directions will end in a cul-de-sac of suffering and misery for many.

And funny you throw in the genetic component. For a few years now I honestly, for real, expect to read a headline about a real life (but far more advanced) discovery of an honest to goodness "Island of Dr Moreau". But of course instead using CRISPR or other techniques. No doubt there will be many failures before success. Many unintended consequences of targeting a particular genetic sequence not knowing how second and third layer operations are effected.

Lately I have been more and more thinking the answer to the Fermi paradox is actually the proposed "Great Filter" of advancing civilizations. And the filter is about to filter...lol.

I just want to hang on long enough to do a bit of cruising on my newly refurbished Trawler:dance:

AIS = Artificial Intelligence Sentient

did you think it was Automatic Identification System. They have code words for everything.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom