San Diego October Moorage 65' Needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikehar

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Gallivant
Vessel Make
Northern Marine 64
Does anyone have a sublet or available dock that I could use in October? I'm headed down from Seattle soon, and I only have a week of moorage so far. I've called all of the usual subjects, and everyone is full or overbooked. Ideally, I could find at least 2-3 weeks of moorage someplace where I could travel back to Seattle. I will be leaving San Diego on the morning of October 30th (with CUBAR).

Gallivant is 65ft loa with an 18'8" beam. 50 amps would be great, but I can deal with two 30's.

And a bottle of your favorite libation as a finder's fee!

Thanks,
-mike

Hard to find slips here in San Diego. If you can moor for some of the time yoi can book short stays on the san diego port district site. La Playa is weekends only but easy access to boat services on Shelter Island. You might try marinas around mission bay or deep in SD Bay down near National City.

It is especially hard to find larger slips and doubly hard during the month of October, with so many boats staging there as the start of BahaHaha. You may have luck further north, perhaps Long Beach / San Pedro.

I will be very surprised if you find anything in SD, but asking around beforehand is a good idea as you never know. LB is a possibility, but SP is the more likely of the two.

Try Cabrillo Isle (Safe Harbor) and Cortez, you may get lucky this time of year.

Another option I forgot to mention-Chula Vista and National City.

Back
Top Bottom