Scary things like relocating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Goldylocks

Total newbie. Please forgive my ignorance. I am researching a position in marine electronics in south east alaska

Is there a question?

Trying to fill in the blanks.....

You are considering relocating to SW AK. Do you have a job offer, or would you be setting up on your own, or looking for a job with an existing firm? Is this something that you already have experience with, or will it be a new trade for you?

Have you considered which town(s) in SE? With the possible exception of Juneau, all are backwoods compared to the great metropolis of Waterford, ME. Have you spend any time there? It's not for everyone.

I expect 95% of your work would be on fish boats of one sort or another. I expect that's different from cruising boats

Relocating scary …, it can be.

But it more likely will be the spice of life. Exciting yes. Opportunistic yes. Stimulating yes. Expanding to be sure.

Viewing it as a negative most likely will be like shooting one’s self in the foot.

I live in Juneau and there is definitely an opportunity for a skilled marine electronics technician here. I am happy to talk to you and answer any questions that you may have.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom