Introducing Pierre

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PierreR

Vessel Name
Mar Azul
Vessel Make
1977 Hatteras 42 LRC
Hi to all of you in these forums. I am a well-seasoned very knowledgeable boater. I have built several boats over the course of my lifetime including a trawler. I just sold the trawler that I built to my nephew because my wife can no longer easily board the boat safely.
My trawler was 26' with many features only found in larger boats like controllable pitch propeller, bow thruster, stabilized and high tankage. I was sad to see my boat go but my nephew is just ecstatic, so be it. Part of growing old gracefully is knowing when to make life changes to cope with age instead of hanging on kidding yourself.
I have signed an agreement to purchase a Hatteras 42 LRC that is in need of TLC and I am capable of bringing this boat up to my standards. I have hit no showstoppers in the purchase process, so I am going forward with the purchase.
My reason for joining is that I now intend to cruise, and the boat is currently 2,500 miles from home. I will be bringing it back on its own bottom in the spring. I have not recently boated a lot and want to get back into networking to accomplish my needs and goals.
I have a tremendous amount of knowledge but always seek more. Thank you for reading my introduction

Welcome Pierre. My story has some similarities to yours. I was a full-time delivery skipper in the early 2000's and pretty active in the trawler ranks at the time. I rejoined Corporate America ranks in 2004 and was pretty dormant until 2017 or so - I call it my Rip Van Winkle period. I started a major refit of my Willard 36 in 2019 which has had the normal set of delays compounded by Covid. TrawlerForum has been a good source of information both on equipment and installation ideas, plus to refresh/update my skills (weather products and comms have changed a ot since then). It's also 'scratched the itch' of boating while I await getting my boat back in the water and underway.

Welcome and good luck Pierre -

Peter

Welcome aboard. Congrats on your new boat. The LRCs are great boats.

Back
Top Bottom