Trawler Rum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My go to is Capt. Morgan Private Stock. Likewise, 2 fingers, 2 cubes. Cheers!!

Yes, they do make rum in Hawaii

I don't know if Hawaii makes rum or even grows much cane anymore.

Last time we visited, we did a tasting with friends who live there, and brought back some Kohana rum - https://www.kohanarum.com/home

A little too dear to waste on Coke...

Ben Hagar
M/V At Ease

Another Zacapa fan here. Introduced to it in Miami when we picked up Amazing Grace from Cay Marine. That stuff is smooth, can't spaeak to the panty issue.....yet.
By the way, the surgeries to remove scar tissue from my airway have proven successful; the Tracheostomy has been reversed, the boat is off the market and the grandkids are ecstatic. So am I.

Greetings,
Mr. bn.

thumb-up-terminator_pablo_M_R.jpg

I am a hard core Zacapa fan. Drank it before it was imported.

But, I had a taste test with a friend, against Zafra. Hard to believe, but Zafra is even smoother.
Zafra is a blended rum.

Kind of hard to find except in really good liquor stores. Well worth looking for.

Another Zacapa fan here. Introduced to it in Miami when we picked up Amazing Grace from Cay Marine. That stuff is smooth, can't spaeak to the panty issue.....yet.
By the way, the surgeries to remove scar tissue from my airway have proven successful; the Tracheostomy has been reversed, the boat is off the market and the grandkids are ecstatic. So am I.

Goodness me, thanks for coming over and offering to help us tie up at Moore Haven last night!!

Wish I realized you were a forum member!!

Have fun on the west coast!

As a connoisseur of fine rum, I prefer a vintage pink . [emoji30]

IMG_0032.JPG

after reconsidering Myers Planters punch!!!!!!!!!!!11

Is white zinfandel in trouble here because it can be pink? Described as a "blush" wine in USA/Canada if memory serves, just a touch pink.
A white (or pink) wine can be bone dry, ie not at all sweet. Some Rieslings are bone dry, some are sweet. I have some rose in what passes for a cellar which the winemaker describes as "crunchy",which I think means" very dry".
I`d guess not all zinfandel is sweet, and ? "girly".

Cuban Daiquiri:

2 shots of dark rum (I'm using Mount Gay)
1 shot key lime juice
2 spoons of sugar

Stir well to mix the sugar. Top with ice. No slushy.

Try it. Refreshing.

Rum ... and White Zin

White (rose) Zin is a Californication of a cooler climate Zinfandel grape. In California, the grapes are too large for the amount of skin the grapes have to make a red Zin of the expected color and flavor intensity.
Drawing off the first-run (white) juice, then fermenting the remainder with alll of the skins gets two saleable wines.
California wine standards require a varietal to have 51% of the named grape, so in most white Zins, the rest is Thompson Seedless.

Rum. I still have a bottle of Plantation XO, labeled as bottled in 2001, opened 3 years ago, that I rarely share. 2 fingers, 2 cubes.
Good.
I sometimes also like to pour comparison drinks using similar ingredients, to show their differences. Eg. Mojito (lime, Puerto Rican rum, sugar, mint), Daquiri (Key lime, Barbados rum, sugar) , Cipriano, (Persian green lime, sugar, Cachaca rum), Bacardi Cocktail, (Bacardi white, green lime , Grenadine), etc.
Happy cruising, with good drinks.
JohnS

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom