Wiper motors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Luvnlife2

Vessel Name
LOTUS
Vessel Make
Island Gypsy 44 aft flush deck
We have a 1983 Island Gypsy that needs windshield wiper motors (we bought it without wiper motors) and I cannot find what size/type wiper motors it requires in the owners manual. Does anyone have a a suggestion? Thank you.

Being that there's nothing currently installed, you should be able to use any wiper motor that fits the appropriate space and is powerful enough to drive the desired size arms and blades. I've personally got the Roca W12 wiper motors on my boat and have been happy with them.

Being that there's nothing currently installed, you should be able to use any wiper motor that fits the appropriate space and is powerful enough to drive the desired size arms and blades. I've personally got the Roca W12 wiper motors on my boat and have been happy with them.

In addition, the W12 has different shaft lengths that will match the window enclosure thickness. A pilot hole could be drilled to get precise thickness. The pantograph design is pretty slick too

In addition, the W12 has different shaft lengths that will match the window enclosure thickness. A pilot hole could be drilled to get precise thickness. The pantograph design is pretty slick too

I'm using the pantograph arms, but the same motors can be used with standard arms as well. Choice depends on what produces the most useable sweep pattern for a given window shape and wiper motor mounting position.

Back
Top Bottom