finally casting off

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

motion30

Guru
After several delays. Finally. Leaving hollywood and.heading for the keys.today. i even manged.to.find one female crew for several days . Working really interferes with people's schedules

Have fun! Where in the Keys are you headed? Female crew, what no pictures? I've been at sea for awhile man!!:eek:

No schedule but I'm heading towards Key West you old pervert . besides I have not seen her yet , I just sent my money to the address of the ad in the back of the magazine. :eek: what could possibly go wrong with that setup

No schedule but I'm heading towards Key West you old pervert . besides I have not seen her yet , I just sent my money to the address of the ad in the back of the magazine. :eek: what could possibly go wrong with that setup

I'll bookmark this thread. It ought to be good!:D

at least I'm hoping you're older than I am of course I'm pretty old

It is amazing how TF, Twitter and Facebook postings are becoming similar. A sign of the times it would appear. Hopefully this increased chatty (mine included) traffic has proven a good business decision for TF, it really is all about money.

We are at Dinner Key Marina right now. We are leaving for the Keys in the morning.
Are you taking Hawk Channel or staying inside? Where are you planning your first stop?

I put this add on an internet dating service. I think I better move before they show up.

Attachments

• WANTED.jpg
    WANTED.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 122
We are at Dinner Key Marina right now. We are leaving for the Keys in the morning.
Are you taking Hawk Channel or staying inside? Where are you planning your first stop?

I put this add on an internet dating service. I think I better move before they show up.

Looks like you have your priorities right, don't settle for just any boat.

I am now in islmorada at anchor. The wind has really been blowing. Will stay inside utill marathon. I guess. My crew is leaving monday. So heading to k w solo. What is the name of your boat?

We’re anchored just south of Key Largo off Rodriguez Key. Yeah, very windy.

We left Dinner Key this morning, went out through Cape Florida channel and had a pretty wild ride till we turned south at Fowley Rocks Light to Hawk Channel.
We heard on the radio that two boats had capsized just outside Government Cut.

We got some good fishing in also. Caught half a Spanish Mackerel, and a real nice grouper. Went right on the grill.

We are probably going to spend a couple of days at Boot Key before we go to Key West. Maybe we’ll catch up to you there.

My boat is Avalon. How about yours?

Fair winds, KJ

Attachments

• CAPE FLORIDA LIGHTHOUSE.jpg
    CAPE FLORIDA LIGHTHOUSE.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 105
  • HALF A CATCH.jpg
    HALF A CATCH.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 110
  • FRESH DINNER.jpg
    FRESH DINNER.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 116
  • Ready for the Grill.jpg
    Ready for the Grill.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 109
  • YUMMY!.jpg
    YUMMY!.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 94
KJ, I needed that, I've been working for about 12 days straight and my boat is still under (lots of) construction but those pictures were all the motivation I need. After reading the electric trawler thread I wanted to shoot myself. Thanks for the post.

There was a flat bottomed skiff in Thorne Bay called,

Flounder Pounder

Another one called,

Pug-a-Lug

They were into Pug dogs.

I am now in islmorada at anchor. The wind has really been blowing. Will stay inside utill marathon. I guess. My crew is leaving monday. So heading to k w solo. What is the name of your boat?

We made the run down to Marathon today on the outside. Very uncomfortable ride. Beam seas most of the way. We were really glad to pull into Boot Key.

I’d be real careful about doing the outside run to Key West right now. The forecast is for high winds and thunderstorms for the next few days. It could be a rough trip, especially solo.

Give me a call on the radio. KJ

Llke.i.said. i can not.head to marathon till tuesday morning. Gonna stay inside. I will.give you a shout when i arrive. . Are you.on a moorning or on the.hook ?

We are on a mooring. We will most likely be here Tues.

What's your boat's name? KJ

kj I am currently about 5mi north on marathon I will give you a call in the morning stayed inside Easy except the crab pots

Michael,
Sorry I missed your early morning departure. I thought I heard you power up, but I couldn’t drag my sorry butt out of the sack.

Glad to hear you made to K West ok. We just got back to the boat in the dinghy from Sombrero Beach when we got hit with the same storm that you got caught in.

We will probably head over to Looe Key do some diving tomorrow or Sunday.

We will most likely be in K West on Monday. Are you on the hook or a mooring?
Let me know where you are and we’ll give you a shout when we in.

Thanks for the “shuttle” service.

Here’s a pic of “BAY SHACK”. KJ

BTW You were absolutely right about the “American Crocodile”

Attachments

• BAY SHACK.jpg
    BAY SHACK.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 102
Hi ken. I am on a mooring here at, the city morning field on the East side of flemming key. I wanted to anchor and I originally did then I heard about the day before when they had sustained 60 mile an hour winds apparently even one of the Moorings drug monday looks like the best day for you . I will try and keep myself together so I can help you when you arrive perhaps you can catch us dinner on your way down

one more thing you may find of interest I was talking to a couple on a big new 47-foot sail cat Thursday they took a lightning strike that killed everything electrical in their boat. Seito was going to tell them to Fort Lauderdale leaving this morning apparently that's the only place that can pull their boat and work on it .they were expecting to be out of the water 3 to 4 months

Back
Top Bottom