Old 11-09-2021, 02:11 AM   #1

City: Anchorage
Damaged porthole cleat

I have a roughly 2000 PT 40. On the port side adjacent to the pilot house door there is a through hull that allows lines to be secured on the inside of the hull adjacent to the walkway. The through hull is about 3" by 7" and is oval with lashing horns on the inside part. It looks like it is made out of aluminum. We had a big storm come through up here in AK and the boat was heaving against the lines resulting in that through hole getting folded up and the lashing horn bent about 120 degrees. First of all, I don't even know what to call this part, and more importantly, where might I be able to find a replacement. I have looked at all the usual places with no luck. I appreciate any advice.
hamfam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 02:27 AM   #2

City: Juneau
Vessel Name: Blue Moon
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 37 Sedan
Hawse cleat

Itís a hawse cleat, or a cleat hawse pipe.
BlueMoon1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 10:13 AM   #3
Guru

City: Dewatto
Vessel Name: CHiTON
Vessel Model: Tung Hwa Clipper 30
Like these?

https://www.go2marine.com/buck-algon...UaAv3QEALw_wcB
Old 11-10-2021, 10:34 AM   #4
TF Site Team

City: Saltspring Island
Vessel Name: Retreat
Vessel Model: C&L 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamfam1 View Post
I have a roughly 2000 PT 40. On the port side adjacent to the pilot house door there is a through hull that allows lines to be secured on the inside of the hull adjacent to the walkway. The through hull is about 3" by 7" and is oval with lashing horns on the inside part. It looks like it is made out of aluminum. We had a big storm come through up here in AK and the boat was heaving against the lines resulting in that through hole getting folded up and the lashing horn bent about 120 degrees. First of all, I don't even know what to call this part, and more importantly, where might I be able to find a replacement. I have looked at all the usual places with no luck. I appreciate any advice.
Pictures please. Of the damaged one and of the one on the other side, that should still be undamaged.
Aluminum?
How was it tied? What tie was stronger than the horns of the Hawse?

Tags
lashing cleat, through hull