Water Pressure Issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tgotch

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Days Like This
Vessel Make
Cruisers 4270
I barely get a trickle of water out of my galley faucet. I have 2 other faucets and 2 showers, which get great pressure, but the galley will only trickle. I replaced the faucet, still no luck.

My setup includes a Shurflow pump, and small Jabsco accumlator tank.

I did notice when I turn on any of the good faucets, the pump cycles. When I turn on the galley faucet, the pump cycles, but in very slow intervals.

Any ideas?

Sounds like restricted plumbing somewhere in the feed to the galley faucet.

I barely get a trickle of water out of my galley faucet. I have 2 other faucets and 2 showers, which get great pressure, but the galley will only trickle. I replaced the faucet, still no luck.

My setup includes a Shurflow pump, and small Jabsco accumlator tank.

I did notice when I turn on any of the good faucets, the pump cycles. When I turn on the galley faucet, the pump cycles, but in very slow intervals.

Any ideas?

You did remove the faucet aerator and clean it? 1st place to start. The aerator likely has a restrictor, some can be removed or modified to allow better flow. If the galley faucet is a pull-out, there's a small backflow check in the in the hose, usually where it connects to the faucet body. It can cause a restriction. It's required by code, but often more problems created than solved. It can be removed, or the guts removed to eliminate the restriction. Care must be taken to insure that if you remove it, you don't compromise the connection and create a leak. It's usually in a place that's not easy to access.

I have this same problem almost every spring when recommissioning the fresh water system. The galley faucet suffers the most, but I usually have to clean out a lavatory faucet, rarely a shower head. I agree that cleaning the aerator is the first step. Do you have any filters? If you did, the whole boat might be affected, but there could be one or a separate one at just the galley sink for cooking. I often have to replace filters to get the pressure back.

Wherever the restriction, it should be an easy fix. If the galley faucet worked fine in the past, you should be able to restore it.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom