Hydraulic steering

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hfmckevitt

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Linda Lee
Vessel Make
45' Aquarius motoryacht
Yesterday when I went to the boat I noticed fluid leaking at the steering wheel post.
I believe it maybe the seal just behind the dashboard. Can this be easily replaced or rebuild the pump.
I have a 45’ Aquarius motor yacht 1990
The pump is just behind the dashboard.
If so any help would be appreciated
Thank you
Henry
Linda Lee

Yesterday when I went to the boat I noticed fluid leaking at the steering wheel post.
I believe it maybe the seal just behind the dashboard. Can this be easily replaced or rebuild the pump.
I have a 45’ Aquarius motor yacht 1990
The pump is just behind the dashboard.
If so any help would be appreciated
Thank you
Henry
Linda Lee

Probably, but knowing the brand of steering pump would help.

With Wagner you can pull off the wheel and ‘pick’ the old seal out and just press in the new one. Top off the reservoir and make sure no air was introduced.

Aquarius is printed on the wheel. I might have to remove the pump to know more. But I’m not sure if all the fluid will run out in the back of the dashboard

Aquarius is printed on the wheel. I might have to remove the pump to know more. But I’m not sure if all the fluid will run out in the back of the dashboard

You may want to loosen a line at the back first to drain the pump, pick out the front seal and replace then refill the pump. Youtube has many videos on this for Seastar, Teleflex and others. Shouldn't be a big job, good luck!

I’m going to start it tomorrow
Thanks to all
Henry

Back
Top Bottom