Freshwater hook up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have used only water from my tanks on the last four boats, whether they had dockside water or not. I soften it, filter and treat it in batches so I have a consistent product with reduced mineral solids which extend the life of all fixtures. Plus I get a uniform pressure and have one less thing to connect/disconnect when docking.

Previous boat had an in-line pressure reducer. Municipal pressure eventually blew the hose from the intake side of the reducer and no, the bilge pump could not keep up with the constant flow. Neighbor saw the bilge pump flow being constant rather than intermittent, went on-board, found the issue and then shut-off the dockside spigot.

Present boat had a pressure reducer on the gunnel so there was no hose connection in the boat prior to the pressure reducer. After a while we found that the water in the tanks developed taste and smell issues (we carry 100 gallons), Cleaned out the tanks, disconnected the pressure reducer and now simply refill the tanks as necessary. Water in tanks stays fresh due to constant use and refilling takes only a few minutes.

You choose your poison.

Gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom