Epoxy Recommendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Al,

My initial projects involve relocating a weaver dinghy davit on my swim step. I believe the step is form-cored and I'll need to patch/fill the old holes and create a solid base for the new holes. After following another thread here on mounting to cored decks, I figured epoxy was the best option.

After that, I'm sure many other items will come up. I've got a section of my rail where a bimini was mounted and the screw pulled out on a super windy day causing the rail to splinter a bit. Seems like epoxy is best to fix this as well.

Al,

My initial projects involve relocating a weaver dinghy davit on my swim step. I believe the step is form-cored and I'll need to patch/fill the old holes and create a solid base for the new holes. After following another thread here on mounting to cored decks, I figured epoxy was the best option.

After that, I'm sure many other items will come up. I've got a section of my rail where a bimini was mounted and the screw pulled out on a super windy day causing the rail to splinter a bit. Seems like epoxy is best to fix this as well.

Matt,

I've only done minor repairs on epoxy/gelcoat surfaces but I did a couple similar repairs on my teak caprails and another was done professionally on my bow caprail.

I recently replaced and rebedded some loose forward rail stantion screws that had worked loose over 44 years. I used epoxy and wood scraps to fill the holes. After that, it was a simple process to redrill and replace the screws. Fortunately, our 34 LRC boats have solid fiberglass beneath the caprails and bolts can be threaded through the teak and, if long enough, into the fiberglass for a stronger hold.

Best of luck with the project!

Back
Top Bottom