Mascerator pumps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronobrien

Guru
Vessel Name
Albatross
Vessel Make
1973 Grand Banks 36
Looking for any input regarding manufacturers of mascerator pumps and any owners experiences with those brands. Thanks.

We have reasonably good luck with Jabsco macerator pumps. We have lost impeller vanes and had clogs but no leaks. The whole pump end is available as a replacement kit which we carry in our spares.

I have a new mascerator puppy, a 4 month old Rottweiler. He chews up everything, including me.

Greetings,
Aw SNAP!!! Mr. s beat me to it AGAIN (post #3)! Every pup is a macerator from my experience. I've found the best, so far is a Nyla-bone. Kongs only seem to last about a month.

Funny thing. One of our pups was a plastic fanatic. We went through about 10 TV remotes and numerous plastic utensils until he had us trained well enough to put them away. Not interested in HIS toys, only ours.

The rest have been beavers, basically. Wood. Tables, chairs, sticks, uncle Leroy's peg leg, etc.

corrected title

I corrected the title . . .:D Now your posts about pups look really out of place!:whistling:

I have had a trouble-free 10 years (and counting) with a Jabsco.

Hello Scott C, get ready to wash your boat, watch out for the N African sand cloud coming your way soon.
We have 2 12v Marine Elegance toilets fitted which we bought from SV24.de in Bremen and after 8 years they are still working perfect.
We only use 2 ply toilet paper and once a month we pour 2 litres of 14% vinegar down the toilet, pump until just visible and leave overnight, pump well the next morning.
The vinegar clears the calcium build up in the toilet and exit pipework.
p.s If you need to get any medic appointments or Covid jab use the site www.doctolib.fr to make an appointment.

Hello Scott C, get ready to wash your boat, watch out for the N African sand cloud coming your way soon.
We have 2 12v Marine Elegance toilets fitted which we bought from SV24.de in Bremen and after 8 years they are still working perfect.
We only use 2 ply toilet paper and once a month we pour 2 litres of 14% vinegar down the toilet, pump until just visible and leave overnight, pump well the next morning.
The vinegar clears the calcium build up in the toilet and exit pipework.
p.s If you need to get any medic appointments or Covid jab use the site www.doctolib.fr to make an appointment.

Gotta love the ME heads...

Thanks for thinking of me, Irish Rambler!
Fortunately, the boat is on land and locked in a storage building in Gruissan. So, if they keep the door shut, it should escape the blast of sand.

Interesting about the N. African sands is that once every couple of years a "perfect" storm conspires to dump a lot of that sand in Southern Sweden. I was absolutely amazed the first time I experienced this. It never occurred to me that sand could be airborne for so long and travel so far.

We are still stuck in Sweden due to the pandemic. We should be fully vaccinated by sometime in July, however (that's if the schedule holds).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom