Extended Bowl Toilets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABfish

Vessel Name
Dirty Deeds
Vessel Make
Maritimo 48
Has anyone replaced a standard bowl toilet with an extended bowl? I've got the space and an extended bowl would make for a more home-like trip to the head.

Changed both of mine to elongated. Wouldn't have one of the little round ones.

Has anyone replaced a standard bowl toilet with an extended bowl? I've got the space and an extended bowl would make for a more home-like trip to the head.
I couldn't agree more! :thumb:

Bolted-on toilet bowls come in 2 sizes--"standard" (small round, about like sitting on a bucket) and "household" which actually is the same size and shape of most household toilets and which oval seat and lid from big box stores will fit.

If you want a true elongated bowl, you'll have to upgrade to one of the all-china thrones that offers one... check out the Raritan Atlantes Freedom here Raritan Atlantes Freedom promo sheet Available in two bowl sizes (see dimensions on page 2 of the promo sheet), uses the same "works" as their Marine Elegance.

--Peggie

Last edited:
Yes, I have two vacuflush heads with the kiddie bowls. How do I say this nicely.......when there is enough water in the bowl, and you complete a major transaction, the bowl contents reach a point where an appendage touches the liquid or worse. Anyway, vacuflush has different bowls that fit there standard base. It was simply a matter of buying a new bowl, seat, and gasket set. Extremely happy with my upgrade. Don't know if that option is available with your toilet.

Ted

I have the VacuFlush toilet with the big bowl.

Would never have the small bowl.

Yes, I replaced OEM standard bowl electric heads in our Bayliner 4788 with Raritan Elegance. Easy swap, I think but am not certain, that the bolt holes were even in the same place. I hate those tiny bowls and haven't had to sit in one on my own boats since 2006.

Thanks for the responses, particularly the clarification regarding "household" versus "elongated". I'll be making an upgrade to a household bowl in the near future.

We have been very happy with Raritan Marine Elegance heads on a previous boat and just installed one on our current boat.

Yes, I have two vacuflush heads with the kiddie bowls. How do I say this nicely.......when there is enough water in the bowl, and you complete a major transaction, the bowl contents reach a point where an appendage touches the liquid or worse. Anyway, vacuflush has different bowls that fit there standard base. It was simply a matter of buying a new bowl, seat, and gasket set. Extremely happy with my upgrade. Don't know if that option is available with your toilet.

Ted

You do know you can do a intermediate flush and keep your junk from taking a bath?
:socool:
HOLLYWOOD

Household bowls can be fitted with new seats and lids that close slowly with no effort.

You do know you can do a intermediate flush and keep your junk from taking a bath?
:socool:
HOLLYWOOD

I prefer to fix problems so that guests don't have the same experience.

Ted

WOW! I'm willing to bet that most of us don't have that problem. Congratulations! :blush:

Looks like this thread has gone in the toilet!

Looks like this thread has gone in the toilet!

My wife claims that whenever there are boaters together, that the subject will turn to heads quickly.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom