What the Heck??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It does appear to be a tension loaded button, switch or latch release. One example is on an extending tube of sorts with lock points. Etc etc.

Do you have an inflatable dinghy or kayak with two-piece oars?
If so, It may be off the button that locks the oar pieces together.

I tried a reverse image search to see if anything looked similar. Google proclaims it to be an emblem. Bing proclaims it to be a woman's hooker heels. Lastly and most closely matched is Yandex claiming it to be some sort of Russian made spring. I agree with those that say it's a spring for a button adjustable rod. It looks similar to the one in my walking canes.

I agree with those that say it's a spring for a button adjustable rod. It looks similar to the one in my walking canes.

I DISagree with those that say it's a spring for a button adjustable rod - :D

The button on those rods/poles has to be tall enough to protrude through TWO thicknesses of whatever metal is used, and still have enough left sticking out to push on with a finger. That one looks REALLY short for that - to me.

I'll stick with my fish, LOL.

I'm about a week late to this 'game', but wonder if it's not part of one of those dashboard cell phone holders. Suction cup bottom, some have a 'squeeze' element to them. Do you have one aboard?

If not (which is likely) - start looking from a different angle.

High - Stand on a stool (safely).
Low - down on the 'ol knees, look for what this fit into (second guess is some type of upholstery - a couch that converts to bed, etc.)
Middle - sit on a chair. Look around.

I'm no Columbo [ Oh yeah, "there's one more question" ], but like to look at problems from different angles.

I keep checking this thread! It's killing me! What is it!?!?!

I DISagree with those that say it's a spring for a button adjustable rod - :D

The button on those rods/poles has to be tall enough to protrude through TWO thicknesses of whatever metal is used, and still have enough left sticking out to push on with a finger. That one looks REALLY short for that - to me.

I'll stick with my fish, LOL.
Mine have a brass or aluminum button that slides over the nub on the small side.

That's very obviously the rare Z-Spring Fish (see chart below - 4th from the left on top).

The compressible nature of the skeleton allows for very efficient propulsion without having to have fins.

They are quite small, and usually only range from 1-4 inches in length.

Hmmmmm....... I'm not so sure that chart's legit. It's the only fish facing to the right. :rofl:
Todd

If you throw it away, the next day it will be obvious where it should be.
Toss it into a drawer and dont worry about it. Sometime in the future, its 'home' will become obvious.
Excellent idea..!
And then you will not remember where you "saved it"!
There is that, so I have what I call my diddy-box where I put such things until their real purpose becomes clear.

Until then, I suggest it is called what my grandfather named such...a 'wigwam for a gooses bridle'. :)

Back
Top Bottom