Used radar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Easternshore

Vessel Name
Pearl
Vessel Make
Beneteau Flyer 12
Looking to add radar to our MS Pilot 34 while not breaking the bank. Saw a used Raymarine RD424D which is compatible with our c127 display. My question is will an eight color presentation provide sufficient clarity or should I step up to a new HD unit with a 256 color presentation. Wanted to buy a Raymarine to insure compatibility with my C127?MFD. thanks for any guidance.

I'm laughing to my self, I started with a monochrome (essentially one color) radar. Without regard for the quality or condition of the 8 color unit, you'll be fine with it.

Ted

I'm laughing to my self, I started with a monochrome (essentially one color) radar. Without regard for the quality or condition of the 8 color unit, you'll be fine with it.

Ted

Thanks Ted, it was such an easy sale to the admiral I’d hate to be wrong and explain why we needed to buy another newer unit!

My question is will an eight color presentation provide sufficient clarity or should I step up to a new HD unit with a 256 color presentation.

It either shows the blip, or it doesn't show the blip. Showing the blip in a multitude of colors does not change the presence of a solid object.

I have a JRC Radar 1000 sitting in a box. It is monochrome and is complete with the dome, display, and cables. Last time I tried it, it worked fine. US$100 plus shipping.

I think I'll go with a wireless Furuno when I need to replace my ancient raymarine. only 12v connection and then use I pad. Pretty reasonable and some decent reviews.

If you were always running at night or constantly in fog higher resolution might be better but as mentioned, 8 colors should be more than enough. Plug it in and go.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom