Totaliser for diesel transfer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LeoKa

Guru
Vessel Name
Ironsides
Vessel Make
54' Bruce Roberts steel sailboat hull, coastal LRC, 220HP CAT 3306.
I have four tanks, but no proper measuring of fuel in them. Particularly my two keel tanks, which have no access to install anything.
I have a fuel manifold, which allows me to move fuel from any tank to another. Can you recommend a simple and affordable inline flow meter/Totaliser which I can build into my transfer system? I want to know the total diesel volume I am transferring back and forth.
I don’t need to know this for the engine sake. It is not about consumption. Just what goes where, when move the fuel around. Mechanical is fine and no fancy electronics needed.
Everything I see online is pricey and for professional transfer stations on land. Thanks.

Sorry, I just saw your reply. Yes and they are very reliable and easy to calibrate. The difficulty could be finding one with a low enough flow rate.

Good luck

Correct. That was the solution. I bought a pump with 11.2 gm flow and the flow meter works now. My previous pump was 6 gm. I also increased the hoses diameter, where I could. The tanks manifold is 1/2 inch, but the rest of the plumbing is 3/4 inch.

Back
Top Bottom