Starscope monocular

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lostsailor13

Vessel Name
Broadbill
Vessel Make
Willard 36
Has anyone bought one of these,considering buying one but would like some real life reviews

I sent for one on December 15. A day later, I realize I didn't get any order confirmation. Sent a couple more emails because my credit card was charged on Dec. 15, $50 for the monocular and $40 for an attachment to cell phone. Starscope support responded a couple times apologizing for the delay, but didn't say what their issue is. January 3, Starscope monocular support says congratulations my order went thru. No delivery date or tracking number . No response to my follow up email. Next I'll tell my credit card people to cancel it. One of the worst customer service experiences I've had. Now ready to pass. I wanted to use it from my flying bridge to see the waves a mile away at the entrance to Mission Bay channel.

Has anyone bought one of these,considering buying one but would like some real life reviews

Having never heard of it, I looked this up and found it on Amazon.
For $50, I doubt you will be getting anything of reasonable quality. Lenses probably made of plastic.

Having never heard of it, I looked this up and found it on Amazon.
For $50, I doubt you will be getting anything of reasonable quality. Lenses probably made of plastic.

Looks like internet hookum to me. I sucked on one of these devices once, and it was not worth it.

I just take the starlight scope off my hog rifle if I need a night vision device aboard. Not much use if there is any direct background lighting. Thermal scope is a better bet, but I have to save a couple of boat units for that.

Well, well I received a tracking # from Starscope today. Shipping Label created, USPS Awaiting Item. Third experience I've had wanting something that is apparently in the supply side logjam. Costs: 57 for the starscope, 25 for phone attachment, and 10 for lifetime warranty.

I bought one last year and I am not impressed. Might keep it in a ditch bag it will never get daily use.

Well, well I received a tracking # from Starscope today. Shipping Label created, USPS Awaiting Item. Third experience I've had wanting something that is apparently in the supply side logjam. Costs: 57 for the starscope, 25 for phone attachment, and 10 for lifetime warranty.
Looking forward to hearing how it works for you. I'm sure your honest review will be more accurate than what you read on some of the websites selling these items with "user reviews":eek:

Back
Top Bottom