Show your slip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vallejo Muni Marina, CA

Attachments

• FW Slip1.jpg
    FW Slip1.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 64
  • FW Slip2.jpg
    FW Slip2.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 69
At home in Virginia, off the Chesapeake Bay

Attachments

• IMG_0679.jpg
    IMG_0679.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 52
Some nice arrangements here. What's better than docking your boat behind your house? Docking your boat under a covered slip behind your house! I'd be in hog heaven with a set-up like that.

OK, a boathouse behind your house would be tops!

Some nice arrangements here. What's better than docking your boat behind your house? Docking your boat under a covered slip behind your house! I'd be in hog heaven with a set-up like that.

OK, a boathouse behind your house would be tops!

I agree...to a point. If your boat is routinely cruised then the home dockage situation is ideal. You can plug into your own power pole, have your tools close by for maintanance and keep an eye on your rig.
The missing element of at home dockage is social. Half the fun of boating is socializing with other like minded peeps at a marina (Marin excluded). If your routinely cruising then you will get your socializing in on the cruising stops.
For a non cruiser, the fun part is missing at home. Your probably not going to have drinks and friends on the boat in the backyard that often.

I agree...to a point. If your boat is routinely cruised then the home dockage situation is ideal. You can plug into your own power pole, have your tools close by for maintanance and keep an eye on your rig.
The missing element of at home dockage is social. Half the fun of boating is socializing with other like minded peeps at a marina (Marin excluded). If your routinely cruising then you will get your socializing in on the cruising stops.
For a non cruiser, the fun part is missing at home. Your probably not going to have drinks and friends on the boat in the backyard that often.

Around here we all dock at home. Socializing is through the roof too! But then we have a kinda unique set up!

See video here:

The Harbour, Lock and Tides – Queens Harbour Yacht Club

Last edited:
Purchased the lot this year, change of scenery
IMG_0105.jpgIMG_0105.jpg

The boat dock at our home

It is hard to beat a dock at home on a quiet lake just minutes from the vast unsalted Lake Michigan.

Attachments

• IMG_2183.jpg
    IMG_2183.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 40
Hi Sailor of Fortune
Zeemeermin is a Vripack 1500 Continental Kotter design, hull 15.
She was custom built in the Netherlands, all steel. This is a photo of her in her original marina in Zeeland, the Netherlands.
Wilfried
ltAF77.jpg

Back
Top Bottom