Reliable VPN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VPN will spoof your actual location to where you can get content not available where you physically are.
But, the local connection must be able to handle the download speed. Has anyone with problems checked the local wifi connection speed or just the signal strength when having a problem. A wifi signal with a number higher than 50 (-50) makes streaming choppy for me or not at all, when less than 50 (-49) no problem.

I use fast.com to check connection speed: 3mbps and I can stream at low quality but it may have to buffer occasionally, over 7mbps and it will go without interruption. Above 9mbps and I can stream at the highest quality. The VPN will knock a few mbps off the “clean” speed, ExpressVPN less than PureVPN probably due to better servers.

Right now I am getting 16mbps on myislandwifi and 9.7 with the VPN turned on and 26mbps through BTC and 16 with the VPN: all of those are sufficient to stream.

Last edited:
A friend (who has cruised the Bahamas and Caribbean extensively for years) uses ASTRIL and loves it.

My only experience is with NordVPN, which never worked in the Bahamas, and after that, I stopped trying to use it.

Try ExpressVPN: it’s been solid as a rock with no interruptions. I just turn it on and it works.

Back
Top Bottom