Raymarine E series question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bcarli

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Pandion
Vessel Make
Nordhavn 46
Hi
our new boat has a Ray Marine E series chart plotter and I can not figure out how to keep the position icon tracking with our position. The chart leaves the icon behind and I have to keep scrolling the page up. I'm sure its just a setting but I can't find it
thanks

There is a find vessel or find boat in the menu. That should bring the boat back to your designated position on the screen.

Hi
our new boat has a Ray Marine E series chart plotter and I can not figure out how to keep the position icon tracking with our position. The chart leaves the icon behind and I have to keep scrolling the page up. I'm sure its just a setting but I can't find it
thanks

Just to be clear - is it "E" or "e" Series?. I have "e" and while I don't have the plotter near by at the moment to check, I think I have a setting in the configuration menu set to "relative motion". Maybe it's the same for the "E" series too??

See here:
https://manualzz.com/doc/o/14s5t3/r...-e80-reference-manual-setting-the-motion-mode

Last edited:
Just to be clear - is it "E" or "e" Series?. I have "e" and while I don't have the plotter near by at the moment to check, I think I have a setting in the configuration menu set to "relative motion". Maybe it's the same for the "E" series too??

See here:
https://manualzz.com/doc/o/14s5t3/r...-e80-reference-manual-setting-the-motion-mode

Good catch, I was assuming e series but I didn’t catch the E capitalized. We used to have E series also but it has been too long to remember how they worked. In the e series you can do find ship and it will center, or offset if you have it set for offset, and then it would move the charts as the boat moved.

I have a full array of E electronics on the flybridge and the help station. It is a sophisticated piece of equipment. I would get yourself the full manual--not the Quick Start--and keep it near as you practice using all of the functions.

I have the manuals for our Raymarine equipment on my iPad so I can refer to them anytime.

Go into the Navigation menu and select "Find Boat", it should snap to the boat and start following it. This happens when you attempt to scroll around on the screen.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom