Nordic tug 26

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you want larger windows, what about having a customer made, all glass door done out of aluminum? you'll get the functionality of a door, with the visibility of a window. Then you can store the existing doors for a future owner if they prefer the wood.

I thought in some of the newer Nordics the "stack" was to provide headroom for the steps from the bridge to the salon.

I thought in some of the newer Nordics the "stack" was to provide headroom for the steps from the bridge to the salon.

They say the same thing about the American Tug.
I am not 8ft tall so it doesn't bother me.
The wet exhausts boats with a stack are for visual effect only.

Yes on the 32 that is correct. The later models (2002ish) is a completely different boat as they put in an island berth, moved the helm aft, and shortened the saloon. To regain room for the steps, they moved the the companionway to centerline and the faux stack is cut-away to provide more headroom.

The 26' always had a little angle cutout from the pilothouse to the saloon. The faux stack sits on this or covers it depending on the year.

If you want larger windows, what about having a customer made, all glass door done out of aluminum? you'll get the functionality of a door, with the visibility of a window. Then you can store the existing doors for a future owner if they prefer the wood.

Thank you for your input I probably will take yawls advice and leave the doors as is. I’m a little crippled and it’s hard for me to get out of those doors because of my disability and I’m not exactly skinny I thought a window that opened from the top down would work however the door probably would be better. I’m not a big fan of sliding teak doors but I do know that people like that classic look

Back
Top Bottom