Need help finding a boat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tardus

Vessel Make
Rosborough 25
I am actively looking for a Cape Dory 28 with diesel, 1990 or newer, condition is important, I am not looking for a project and do put a value on condition. I presently have a Rosborough 25 and have trailered from Canada to the Keys but think it is time to stay in the Chesapeake.

If someone has a suggestion on another brand that might be of interest please let me know. Like the Rosborough I enjoy the down east look and the ability to cruise at displacement as well as 13 to 16 knots.

I have been a stealth viewer for years and credit the forum for the thought that it would be fun to boat in waters other than my own backyard.

Thanks,
Chris

Welcome aboard and good luck with your search.

Welcome

Tollycraft... very well built - 26' 30' 34' sedan models might fit your desire. For diesel in one you'd either need to be lucky or install yourself.

Why diesel?

Do you do enough hours per year to justify the expense?

Outboards with car sourced engines can run close to 4000+ hours at modest fuel burn.

That seems a really nice C-Dory.

Only item that bothers me is that it has a Volvo diesel... regarding all the banter I've for many years read/heard about Volvo parts not easily available with cost quite high for both Volvo parts and mechanics [if you can locate either]?? That should be kept in mind when purchasing. That said... there are some I've read from who really like their Volvo diesels

I have no experience with a Volvo marine engine and plan to never have that experience... due to reduced availability of maintenance and repair items I've for decades read/heard.

Last edited:
Nice pick, Ted. She’s all one could ask for in that size & style. Yeah, I don’t care for Volvo support either but that engine is a good one. I wouldn’t let the Volvo stand in the way of the deal.

Back
Top Bottom