This morning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JohnEasley

Guru
Commercial Member
Vessel Name
Wanderlust
Vessel Make
1999 Jefferson Rivanna 52'
So, each morning, I let my wife sleep in while Bella, our dog, and I go for a walk. It’s our quiet time together. We often sit and watch the sunrise. The days are getting a little shorter so the sunrise is a little later each morning. We sat on the fuel dock together this morning, her laying next to me, and this was what we were treated to…
IMG_2295.jpg

Bella Da Boat Dawg. This was taken just a few days ago on the boat of our boat…
IMG_2273.jpg

What a lot of people don’t know is that Bella is riddled with cancer. It has gotten so bad that we’re putting her down at 3:30 this afternoon. We had one helluva final sunrise together, though.

2020 sucks

J

So sorry to hear that, and glad to know she had a wonderful last morning with you on the boat.

She will be greeted with open arms in Boat Doggie Heaven!

I am very sorry for your loss.
Dogs are special.
When my Lab died, I claimed dog are mine. I will stop and talk to a dog and maybe their human companion.
Remember to carry dog snacks in your pocket too.

Last edited:
I'm sorry about your having to put Bella down, and don't be ashamed of shedding lots of tears. I've cried many times when I've had to put a dog down.

One of the reasons I hope there is a hereafter is to be with beloved pets once again.

We lost Peanut our Sheltie mix early on a warm spring Saturday morning between Good Friday and Easter in 2015. Once in a lifetime dog. Been there, you have my sympathy my friend.

Very sorry. Tough to lose a member of the family. [emoji22]

So sorry for your loss.

we’re putting her down at 3:30 this afternoon. We had one helluva final sunrise together, though.

J

So sorry. Our 13-year-old Labrador, Lager, is piling up infirmities and we are constantly reminded of his (and our) ultimate demise.

I'm probably too late with this, but I recently was listening to an audio post by someone who had just had this experience and he told of giving his old buddy a big dish of ice cream before the vet's needle and I knew right away that was how Lager would meet his end.

...and I thought that would be my preference too: A big dish of chocolate peanut butter and a long nap.

Last edited:
So sorry about Bella.

I have a favorite dog named Bella, and would be heart broken if anything happened to her. And, she's not even my dog.

As for the final sun rise, that's priceless!

Perhaps you see me across the bay, I'm up early kayaking most mornings, often before sunrise.

My best to Bella.

I can't imagine a more perfect last memory than that sunrise and being with someone you know loves you. Thanks for sharing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom