Moorage Dock Insurance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Alaskan Sea-Duction
Vessel Make
1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
As most know I own my own dock on the lower Columbia River. Per State DNR regulations for my lease I am required to carry a $1m liability insurance naming the State as the insuree.

So I have been thinking about getting a full coverage policy on the dock, much like car insurance. So if some idiot hits my dock I got coverage to rebuild it.

In the Portland OR area, there are a lot of floating homes. I am assuming they have insurance. I have checked with Red Shield, way expensive.

Can anyone recommend a company that would offer coverage?

I have Red Shield, only for the Oregon liability. Depending on what your docks are made out of, it cheaper to repair yourself than what a marine contractor charges. That's why full coverage is so high. A few hundred in lumber and labor turns into thousands with a contractor. And they have even more expensive insurance. And if you need a new piling..., if the state will let you put it in...

I have Red Shield, only for the Oregon liability. Depending on what your docks are made out of, it cheaper to repair yourself than what a marine contractor charges. That's why full coverage is so high. A few hundred in lumber and labor turns into thousands with a contractor. And they have even more expensive insurance. And if you need a new piling..., if the state will let you put it in...
Thanks. I just had 3 new pilings installed. $25k!

You do have a good point.

Steel. 16 inch.
Are those steel or wood pilings?
20201210_133602.jpeg20201210_131236.jpeg

Our boat house in PDX is covered by Red Shield with our club marina (Tyee YC) named as insured. Our club marina docks and floating buildings are covered by Travelers Ins. We work with Anchor Marine Brokers up in the Seattle area.

Back
Top Bottom