Merritt Island FL info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Remember a hurricane is not just big wind , in coastal areas it brings big tides.

Estimate what your new house would look like with an extra 5ft , or 10ft or 15ft of sea water in the canal.

I've been here 21 years... 21 years of windows rattling with every launch. more recently with Spacex's starlink.
user_offline.gif

At least the congressional boondoggle the SLS (28 billion of pork so far) wont be finished to add to the racket.

and today, their "vulcan" booster arrives at the cape. I think it is tragic to think that in the time that it will take for NASA to over-engineer a rocket that did what we already did 50 years ago, Spacex will have built dozens of Starships...

NASA = not a space agency. They hire contractors to charge megabucks to follow insane protocols that sometimes work.

Yet they never found out who drilled a hole in the hull of the international space station... Really? A drilled hole in a space craft and no one knows who or why it was done?

Remember a hurricane is not just big wind , in coastal areas it brings big tides.

Estimate what your new house would look like with an extra 5ft , or 10ft or 15ft of sea water in the canal.

I've been here 21 years... 21 years of windows rattling with every launch. more recently with Spacex's starlink.
user_offline.gif

At least the congressional boondoggle the SLS (28 billion of pork so far) wont be finished to add to the racket.

"Estimate what your new house would look like with an extra 5ft , or 10ft or 15ft of sea water in the canal."

A great tool is the Sloshmap2 which is interactive and can show what will happen with various sized storms down to a street address for evalulation found here:
https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nationalsurge/

Just click on the map for the Florida area , then zoom in one a local but larger area, choose the storm level you would like to review (Cat 1-5), ,then toggle the zoom in and out to see the neighborhood and street affects of different levels of storm. Also you can use the other map tools iIposted earlier to see the likelihood (% chnace) that a specific level of storm will hit the area.

Back
Top Bottom